Mayo Cancer Support Association was formed in August 1999 by a group of volunteers who recognised the need for the service through personal experience and working with persons diagnosed with cancer.
Aims of the Service
- To offer emotional support and practical help to people with cancer, their family and friends.
- To lessen the fear associated with the word cancer.
- To provide a “drop-in” centre where people with cancer may access support and information.
- To ensure that the centre is open to all whose lives have been affected by cancer.
- To continue to develop and meet the cancer related needs of the people of Mayo and the locality.